I wanted to take a few minutes to talk about some of my favorite places to shop. There are the obvious large retail stores that you may or may not be familiar with…Marshalls, Homegoods, TJMaxx, Pottery Barn, and Target are some of my most frequented home décor go-to’s.
But one thing that I enjoy most about my home is finding those unique pieces. The cute quirky things that catch peoples eye and makes them say “hey where did you find that?”. A lot of these types of things can be found on Instagram. You might not know it but there are tons of small shops on Instagram that carry some amazing home décor. Now grab a paper and a pen because I am about to introduce you to a few!
1. Nested Sanctuary – What I like about this shop is that they have a ton of great décor items at a reasonable price. So much farmhouse goodness all in one stop…pillows, vases, trays, foliage oh my! Right now a few of my favorite items are their reclaimed wood serving trays and their set of boxwood wreath minis. Both items are perfect for that fall tablescape, and are next on my wish list!
2. Décor Steals – If you are into unique farmhouse décor this is for you! Décor steals is a site that does 1 special “steal” feature each day. My favorite item from them is my large vintage hanging cup rack. It makes such a statement in our kitchen and I get asked about it alllllll the time. Definitely one to check out!
3. So Vintage Chic – If you have a pillow obsession like I do than you need to check out So Vintage Chic. Adorable accent pillows that are perfect for layering. Take a few fur or neutral throw pillows a cozy throw and then top it all off with one of Kendra’s unique designs! She has fun sayings and adorable graphics, and what I love is that they are all so mix and matchable. She also has tea towels…because of course you can never have enough of those either, right?!
4. Antique Candle Works – I don’t know what it is, but I have to have candles lit when I am home at
night, relaxing on the couch, watching tv. There is just something so calming about it. Antique Candle Works is just one of my favorite candle shops on Instagram. Not only are they amazing smelling, hand poured candles, but her use of vintage blue ball jars pulls at my heart strings. I have a few that I find myself using more so as décor and can’t bring myself to burn them, they are just that cute.
Now this next one is not really a shop found on Instagram, but I was introduced to her products through instagram.
5. Rae Dunn Clay – Now I need to preface this with a warning. If you are not familiar with Rae Dunn you may want to do yourself a favor and look away at this point. It started as a cute little mug collection, until she started making canisters, bowls, plant pots, plates, etc. Now, I get asked daily about these pieces, and I am warning you the hunt will become an obsession. So Rae Dunn is the woman behind it all and can be found on Instagram under Rae Dunn Clay. So, you can shop some pieces at Magenta-inc.com and pay retail, you can even find some Rae Dunn sales feeds on Insta and pay an arm and a leg, or you can do what I do…and make bi-weekly trips to Marshalls, TjMaxx and Homegoods…and stalk the shelves until you find every last piece like I do.
So this should keep you busy browsing for a few hours. Let me know what you think about these shops and if there is ever a piece on my feed that you love just ask!